How to install generic Microsoft driver for your bluetooth adapter
Smart Bluetooth Marketing software can't work with incompatible bluetooth stack (BlueSoleil, Broadcom (WidComm) or Toshiba).
To try if your bluetooth adapter can work with a generic Microsoft driver you can do the following:
- Uninstall your existing bluetooth stack (from the Control panel -> Add-remove programs).
- Reboot your computer.
- Wait while Windows detects your bluetooth hardware and installs the drivers.
- If Windows is unable to find the necessary drivers, you should use special freeware installer utility from http://bluetoothinstaller.com
Resources related to installation of bluetooth stack/drivers.
- From the Microsoft:
- How to install and configure Bluetooth devices in Windows XP Service Pack 2
- List of Bluetooth radio drivers that are included in Windows XP SP2
- How to troubleshoot Bluetooth detection and connectivity problems in Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Install generic Microsoft bluetooth driver for almost any bluetooth dongle
- Getting Bluetooth To Work
- Additional Bluetooth Drivers for Microsoft Bluetooth in Windows XP SP2